Sunday 2 January 2011

The best (and easiest) banana cake ever!

Thanks to Tescos selling me a bunch of the most squishiest bananas I've ever seen I had the need to make banana cake (or rather a banana loaf).

I found this recipe online and the results were excellent - a golden loaf, moist inside and crisp on top.

I added chocolate chips and I'm sure raisins and nuts would work well too.

Happy baking

Easy As Banana Loaf

1/2 a cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar (whatever kind you like)
1 cup self-raising flour
2 eggs
2 large or 3 medium, very ripe bananas


Heat the oven to 180C
Grease a loaf tin.


Mash the bananas with a sturdy fork.
Cream the butter and sugar together and mix in the eggs
Mix together the bananas into the buttery-sugary-eggy mixture.
Add the flour.


Scrape into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes then lower the temperature to 150C and cook for a further 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment