Wednesday 3 November 2010

The dark, dark night

I'm now in work until the end of the week.

My contract with the Designer has been extended so more money for me - and it certainly is needed!

This week I celebrated my first London Halloween.

It felt very eventful around Chiswick on Saturday even when Halloween was really on the Sunday, but who's counting.

M&S had a witch face painting and giving lollies to the kids and staff at most stores got dressed up in the spooky spirit.

I was invited to a small gathering in Richmond so had to start the hunt for a costume - which of course I left to the last minute.

In the end I found a suitably cheap option in Hammersmith- black cat ears - I'm terribly poor at the moment so my usual Halloween effort will have to wait until next year.

The train to Richmond was scattered with groups of vampires and ghouls - no brave solo costume wearers though.

On Sunday the real Halloween started an hour late thanks to daylight savings coming to an end.

And it doesn't half get dark here!

By 4pm car head lights are on and the sun is well and truly hidden - it's going to take me a while to get used to this. I always wondered why it was pitch black when they finished work on Coronation Street - I thought they were just hard working!

The plus side... leaving home in daylight!

No comments:

Post a Comment